Three thousands words today! W00t! I have the morning off tomorrow, Christmas Eve, but have to work second shift. At least with now-teen daughters I don’t have to worry about them running screaming into our room at 0600 that “Santa was here!!!111!!”
Instead, I’ll work more on the Battle of Augusta. Short and confusing but more engagements are. We even catch a glimpse that our heroine is not nearly as composed as she thinks she is. Lots to do…
Continue reading “Bang Bang”
I’ve never had much use for “the Holidays.” I am asocial and dislike the dark of winter. Even as an orthodox Catholic, Christmas is just a matter of “meh” for me. And this year, things preyed on my mind.
- Would it be ready for Ohayocon? “It?” Wait & see, below the fold.
- With our family finances in tatters, I can neither afford a line-editor nor a book cover for Defiant.
- My wife silently badgers me to make my next writing project about her father’s oral history. I want to do that; I’m committed to it. But it’s not fun! That’s work! I want to SEE more of my friends and family in Machine Civilization!
- Day-job is becoming more and more oppressive, leading to my reaxion of coming home and immediately climbing into the bottle. Very bad form.
- All combining into the past six weeks: not writing a tanjed thing. And, borderline psychotic as a result of it. Hell, today, at day-job, I had to use scissors to cut out some QR barcodes. My right hand shook badly enough that Friend Tracy asked if something was wrong….
Yes. Yes there is: in abandoning writing, I’ve abandoned myself. I’m dying; at a rather astonishing rate. I do not want this: I’ve glimpses: Gary & Henge, older, trying to talk out where and what to do with their love for one another. Nichole5 stands with Togame atop the New Tokyo Tower, with its Reactionless Thruster crown, talking about off-world colonies. Editing Pirate Twins into a light-novel-with-pictures or a graphic novel…
I’ve so much to do, and I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired. Lent and lighter evenings are upon me; I’m not one to “give up” as I’ve so little. Instead, I shall take on: my father-in-law’s history, Machine Civilization’s new stories, things I cannot imagine.
Clear the decks: I’m engaging my enemy!
Apropos of this, below the fold is the utterly astounding artwork of Matt Michallow of StarArtWorks. He, through me, the guy wearing his art, owned Ohayocon, the largest animecon of central Ohio, two weeks ago. Over 350 pictures taken!
Continue reading “Coming Back to Life”
Although for us, given all that’s going on, this comes closer to expressing how we feel about the season:
Nonetheless, we still count ourselves as blessed. Off now to visit my wife in the hospital. Cheers!