I’ve never had much use for “the Holidays.” I am asocial and dislike the dark of winter. Even as an orthodox Catholic, Christmas is just a matter of “meh” for me. And this year, things preyed on my mind.
- Would it be ready for Ohayocon? “It?” Wait & see, below the fold.
- With our family finances in tatters, I can neither afford a line-editor nor a book cover for Defiant.
- My wife silently badgers me to make my next writing project about her father’s oral history. I want to do that; I’m committed to it. But it’s not fun! That’s work! I want to SEE more of my friends and family in Machine Civilization!
- Day-job is becoming more and more oppressive, leading to my reaxion of coming home and immediately climbing into the bottle. Very bad form.
- All combining into the past six weeks: not writing a tanjed thing. And, borderline psychotic as a result of it. Hell, today, at day-job, I had to use scissors to cut out some QR barcodes. My right hand shook badly enough that Friend Tracy asked if something was wrong….
Yes. Yes there is: in abandoning writing, I’ve abandoned myself. I’m dying; at a rather astonishing rate. I do not want this: I’ve glimpses: Gary & Henge, older, trying to talk out where and what to do with their love for one another. Nichole5 stands with Togame atop the New Tokyo Tower, with its Reactionless Thruster crown, talking about off-world colonies. Editing Pirate Twins into a light-novel-with-pictures or a graphic novel…
I’ve so much to do, and I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired. Lent and lighter evenings are upon me; I’m not one to “give up” as I’ve so little. Instead, I shall take on: my father-in-law’s history, Machine Civilization’s new stories, things I cannot imagine.
Clear the decks: I’m engaging my enemy!
Apropos of this, below the fold is the utterly astounding artwork of Matt Michallow of StarArtWorks. He, through me, the guy wearing his art, owned Ohayocon, the largest animecon of central Ohio, two weeks ago. Over 350 pictures taken!