With only seventeen days left to go in my self-imposed deadline, I just now figured out how to format the pages from jpeg to pdf and upload them properly to CreateSpace. I’ve been spoiled: for my traditional novels, I’ve used “Bookwrite” by Blurbb; a fantastic program, so long as you stay within its boundaries. As this is an illustrated children’s book, I needed those boundaries to be elastic, so after a few days, out that went.
Then it was a matter of re-scaling Claudia’s wonderful drawings. That took a couple of days to figure out… glad my wife told me to drink less: I was about ready to throw my computer out the window. I finally got a test of the cropped, resized, and split, pages successfully uploaded to CreateSpace. I’ll – hopefully – reformat the remaining images tomorrow, then add the little bit of text (this is a kids book, after all) the day after. Looks like the wife and daughters will be foraging for dinner the rest of this week!
Provisional cover is below the fold.
In other news, I’ve seen some huge character changes for my NaNoWriMo project this year; I’m quite pleased! Set in a part of MachCiv I’ve not really been to, yet, and something of a horror novel, this should be fun!